Friday 27 July 2012

Lucas Moura: My future will be decided after Olympics

The Brazilian wonderkid is rumoured to be the subject of a number of failed bids by the Premier League side as Sir Alex Ferguson looks to make the 19-year-old his marquee signing

Lucas Moura

Moura, who did not feature in Brazil's 3-2 win over Egypt in the Group C opener, is believed to be United's primary transfer target and Sir Alex Ferguson is determined not to miss out on his signature.

Reports have suggested that the Red Devils have had a bid of around £30 million rejected, but are seemingly keen on renewing discussions with Sao Paulo and despite Moura's agent Wagner Ribiero claiming a deal was off, negotiations have been left in his hands.

Moura will be hoping to achieve team success with Brazil ahead of any upcoming move though, and is solely focused on ensuring the Brazilians secure a gold medal at the games.

The 19-year-old told EFE: "I am focusing on my team, Sao Paulo and in Brazil's national team at the moment. I'll decide my future after the Olympics."

With his future at the back of his thoughts entirely, Moura feels privileged to be involved in the tournament and cannot wait for some match action.

He added: "It's already a victory to be here. Now I have to be ready for any situation if Mano Menezes believes I have to play."

No comments:

Post a Comment