Monday 23 July 2012

Carrick ready for England return

Michael Carrick has admitted he would consider a return to the England fold under Roy Hodgson.
The Manchester United midfielder, 31, informed the Football Association earlier this year that he did not wish to be considered for selection, having grown fed up of being a bit-part player under Fabio Capello.
However, with Hodgson now at the helm, Carrick has revealed he would be open to playing again for his country.
“I’ve had no contact from Roy Hodgson, so it would be wrong of me at this stage to make a decision either way,” Carrick said. “But yes, I would consider returning. Definitely.
“It wasn’t a case of me turning my back on my country or quitting. It is a game about opinions and Capello wanted to play a certain way.
“If that was the road he wanted to go down, then it wasn’t for me to argue with that. I just didn’t play, that’s all. I didn’t really speak to Capello about it. I just let him know my decision. In many ways the decision was made for me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment